Subject 10. Technique and technology of concrete sociological researches
Basic concepts: supervision, analysis of documents, expert appreciation, experiment, poll, general and sample, representativeness, program and plan of research, hypothesis, quantitative and qualitative methods of the analysis and synthesis of data.
1. Sociological research and its types. Program of sociological research.
2. Methods of collection of information in sociology (poll, a method of the analysis of documents, supervision, experiment).
Questions for reflection, self-examination, repetition:
1. What role of sociological researches in knowledge of society?
2. Than approaches to methodology of sociological researches at "empiricists" and "theorists" differ? What is understood as a technique of sociological researches?
3. What research methods are used by sociology? Why sociologists need so large number of methods?
4. Call stages of carrying out sociological research known to you. With what sociological research begins?
5. What methods of collecting sociological information you know?
6. What is the questionnaire? What principles of its drawing up, components?
7. What typical mistakes are made by drawing up questionnaires?
8. Whether there are questions which aren't recommended to set? What it for questions?
9. What main qualities have to be inherent in the conclusions, offers and recommendations making final part of research?
Tasks and exercises:
1. When carrying out sociological researches such concepts as "method", "technique", "equipment", "procedure" are often used. Define the content of each concept. What ratio between them?
2. Establish character of data which can be received at application dot and the longityudnykh researches.
2) the assumption of a certain set of units of research or structure of social objects which are confirmed or disproved during research;
3) direct registration of the social phenomena and processes by their eyewitness;
4) interpretation by the researcher of a problem situation;
5) carrier of a problem situation;
6) hierarchically organized system of the generalized and logically verified scientific statements about any class of the phenomena;
7) the studied part of objects of population chosen in such a way that in it signs and characteristics of the whole are reproduced;
8) technique of the systematic and quantitative description of the content of communication, frequency analysis of various text units;
9) a way of group of objects on empirically or to logically allocated signs or their combinations;
10) streamlining of data on some one statistical sign;
11) the homogeneous mass of units of population constructed on the basis of statistical selection on the basis of which idea of social process, the phenomenon is formed.
1. Try to develop the conditional draft of the program of sociological research of process of a social development of the city, the settlement in which you live. Define the purposes and research problems. Formulate possible, in your opinion, hypotheses.
2. Develop the program of poll on the subject interesting you, formulate its purpose and tasks. Reason need of application and a choice of a type of poll.
3. Using a method of supervision and its main versions, carry out mikrosotsissledovaniye of your educational group on the subject chosen by you.
4. Using a content analysis method, conduct research of some editions of periodicals of different political orientation regarding the analysis developed on today's day of a political situation in the country.
1. Здравомыслов А.Г. Методология и процедура в социологическом исследовании. М., 1989.
2. Кравченко А.И. Социология: Учебник для вузов. М., 2008.
3. Ядов В.А. Социологическое исследование: методология, методика, программа, методы. Самара, 1999.
4. Ядов В.А. Стратегия социологического исследования. М., 1989.